Abstracts are welcome on any topic in generative grammar. Preferred topics of papers:
- Mapping natural language to syntax (cartographic topics) and related controversial issues.
- The diachronic and geographical variation of syntactic structures (syntactic microvariation).
- Theoretical and empirical issues on L2 acquisition and bilingualism.
- The syntax-semantics interface: its theoretical and cognitive implications.
- The intersection of linguistics and neuroscience in the study of the biological foundations of language.
- Language evolution and the nature of the language faculty.
The conference will host oral presentations and one poster session.
The talks will be 30 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion.
The official languages of the conference will be English and Italian.
As in previous editions of IGG, the “Fondazione Marica De Vincenzi Onlus” will offer an award of € 500 to the best paper by an Italian researcher without a tenure-track position (e.g. a doctoral or post-doctoral studentship, or a non-permanent research contract) selected for IGG. Candidates for the award must be of Italian nationality but can reside anywhere, and must be first authors of a paper accepted and presented at IGG42. All interested parties meeting the requirements must contact the IGG42 organizers by February 1st, 2016, signaling their intention to be selected for the award and providing an additional text describing their research (maximum 2 pages, same format as the IGG abstract). The selected candidate will be announced at IGG42.
Centro di Ricerca Interdisciplinare sul Linguaggio (CRIL)
Prof. Mirko Grimaldi
Conference email: email@example.com
The Salento area